10 August 2012

He's Got My Life In His Hands

It might sound trite, or even foolish, but I know that no matter what happens it's going to be for the best.

This morning I sent off the envelope containing my application form for Capernwray Bible School. If I am accepted it will mean a dream come true--three months spent in the Lancashire countryside in a beautiful old manor house, growing my relationship with the Lord and making new friends. If for some reason I am not accepted, then I know that God has other plans.

Some people might think that trusting the Lord like this is a crutch: You just don't have the guts to face life's disappointments, so you pass them off as "God's will." But that's not it at all. 

It takes real guts to put your faith in an invisible God and truly believe that He loves you and wants the best for you. It takes real guts to own Jeremiah 29:11 for yourself: 

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

You know how much I love England--the people, the landscape, the history, the food--but I am going to find the best way to get there. I'm not going to settle for anything less than God's perfect plan for my trip and my life. So I'm mustering all of the guts I possess and trusting that despite the outcome, God is taking care of me. Perhaps Bible school is His best plan, perhaps it isn't. 

No matter what, I will trust in Him. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...