15 November 2011

Unexpected Blessings

British Coins by wwarby
British Coins, a photo by wwarby on Flickr.

There’s been a new development in my plans to visit Britain, and this time it’s very exciting!  Last Monday I was given a gift by a very dear friend which helps me reach and actually exceed my financial goals for my trip (perhaps I should rename this blog “An Heiress Abroad…”) As you can imagine, I’m absolutely thrilled, shocked, amazed, and grateful!

While this won’t expedite my trip schedule (turns out it’s not a good idea to just drop everything in the middle of college studies and board a plane to England) it does give me immense peace of mind. No more worrying about whether or not I’ll be able to afford restaurant dinners and taxi fares, no more fretting about whether or not I’ll be prevented from going at all at the last minute…I have some breathing space now.

The moral of this story, however, is not to beg and bribe your friends into giving you money to fulfill your dreams! Since December, 2009 I have been socking away almost every spare penny, buying hardly anything superfluous, and now I can see that it has paid off (literally!). My encouragement to anyone else going on this journey of overseas travel is that patience and persistence are key, but never be stingy with what you give to others. “He who gives…” It’s true! There is a reward for generosity, even if you don’t think you have much to give.

Cheers!
Abigail

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...